Ever-popular special edition Prado back once again…
As John Laws famously said “when you’re on a good thing, stick with it”, now the car company he promoted for years is sticking with that philosophy with the 2017 Toyota Prado Altitude.
The special edition version of the top-selling 4×4 is becoming an annual offering and again this year the Prado Altitude is based on the Prado GXL turbo-diesel.
Priced $5,000 above that offering, the model picks up $10,000 worth of extra gear, including;
- Spare tyre located underneath vehicle (rather than on tailgate)
- Unique 18” alloy wheels
- Tilt-and-slide moonroof
- Auto-levelling LED headlamps
- Chrome side mouldings
- Black leather-accented upholstery
- Power-operated front seats
- JBL 14-speaker audio system with digital radio
- Rear Blu-ray rear entertainment system
“Buyers will appreciate all the new features that make Prado Altitude even more luxurious and practical, including a lighter tailgate that is easier to open – particularly useful in tight city parking.”
Take note, the positioning of the spare wheel under the rear of the Prado replaces the auxiliary (second) fuel tank and therefore negates the vehicles driving range.